Senior Mechanical Engineer & Project ManagerTilburg 32-38 hours per week
We are looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer & Project Manager to join our research and development department.
In this position, you will manage your product development project from idea, all the way to production. This always includes the mechanical design of an (OEM) energy harvesting system and may include rectification, energy storage and electronics, PCB and software development, and possibly, other components. Most developments are a team effort between you, the electronics hardware and software developer, the electro-mechanical simulation expert, and external parties we work with for their expertise. Depending on the availability of colleagues to support you and the amount and type of work, you are regularly required to execute the mechanical design part of the project.
We are looking for an ambitious colleague who recognizes himself/herself in the following job profile:
- MSc degree in Mechanical Engineering with a significant amount of relevant work experience;
- Ability to work independently on a multitude of tasks with team members from other fields of expertise;
- A proactive attitude with a hands-on mentality for development;
- Well-developed communication skills;
- You are able to define and follow up on actions needed to achieve your goals;
- Good verbal and written command of English;
- You live within a reasonable traveling distance from Tilburg;
- Our ideal candidate thinks in solutions. In addition, you ensure that things are being realized. You take responsibility for your decisions, and you make a constructive contribution to discussions.
Why we believe this is a fun and interesting position:
Kinetron is one of the few companies where engineers have very diverse tasks, high responsibility, and ownership of their work. Because we have no repetitive design work or projects, your work never gets boring. It requires good mechanical engineering experience, inventiveness, problem-solving, and creativity, but also good project management skills and communication with the customers in project meetings.
We work with a small team and have direct and informal internal communication. Our customers are large multinational organizations and love us for our speed, expertise, and agility. You will be working on products for, and with, these large multinationals, yet in the comfort of a small, friendly, and flexible organization.
- The opportunity to have an entrepreneurial role and big responsibility to help Kinetron and yourself to grow quickly and achieve the next level;
- Independent position in a professional and pleasant culture;
- A market-based salary and very good working conditions;
Are you interested? Contact us.
We are eager to learn more about your business and possible applications for energy harvesting systems. Of course we are also available to answer questions and to supply more detailed information.Contact Us