Turbine System Technology
Customized turbine generator systems in any energy, efficiency size and price to generate energy and information from water flow.
TURBINE GENERATOR SYSTEMS
A turbine system is used to transform the energy present in flowing water into the required rotational speed and torque for the micro generator.
Over the years, Kinetron has developed two types of water turbine generator systems:
- Power turbines, also called nozzle or impulse turbines, mainly used to create maximum power at the low flowrates and if required have minimum pressure loss at higher flowrates by making use of a bypass technology. At low flow rates all water passes the nozzle and the turbine, at higher flow rates the bypass valve opens to reduce the pressure loss at higher flowrates. This makes the power turbine very suitable for powering electronic devices, sensors and controls over a wide flowrange.
- Flow power turbines, also called axial reaction turbines, mainly used to measure flowrate accurately and at the same time generate energy. The advantage of these turbines is that the rpm is proportional to the flowrate over the whole flow range which enables the use of the turbine generator rpm (frequency) as a measure for the flowrate. This makes the flow power turbines very suitable to be used as low power or active flow sensor or self powered wireless flow sensor.
The generated energy is used to power electronic or IoT products. Also the turbine generator signal can be used by the electronics to create information about the water flow, such as flow rate, flow direction and water consumption. Of course other sensors can be added like temperature, pressure or water quality sensors to make the product more intelligent.
Smart generators are an autonomous, lifetime, eco-friendly, hassle free and user-friendly technology, that supplies energy, information and commands for all your smart electronic, monitoring and/or control products.
- Micro water turbine market leader
- Proven patented technologies, over 4 million sold worldwide in 20 years
- Smallest volume, highest power density
- Highest output power versus lowest pressure drop (high efficiency)
- Wide flow range
- Lowest starting flowrates
- High temperature and pressure resistance
- Several standard types of wires and connectors
- Custom wires, connector’s and contacts possible
- High life time, durability and low noise performance
- Drinking water approved materials (KTW, W270, WRAS, other)
- Efficient rectifying, charging and storing circuit
- Flow, temperature and other sensor information to enable smart products
- Standard, modified or custom water turbine systems possible
Today, with over 35 years of experience, Kinetron has the IP, skills and competences to design and manufacture customized turbine generator systems (up to 10W) in different energy, efficiency, size and price. This is demonstrated in numerous successful product applications and millions of self-powered products supplied to different markets.
INTERESTED IN TURBINE GENERATOR SYSTEMS? CONTACT US.
We are eager to learn more about your business and possible applications for turbine generator systems. Of course we are also available to answer questions and to supply more detailed information.Contact Us