Turbine System Technology
Customized turbine generator systems in any energy, efficiency size and price to generate energy and information from water flow.
TURBINE GENERATOR SYSTEMS
A turbine system transforms kinetic energy in flowing water into the required rotational speed and torque for the micro-generator to produce energy used to power electronics or IoT products.
Simultaneously, it can collect information about water flow rate and water consumption. Temperature, pressure or water quality sensors can be added to make the system even more intelligent.
Over the years, Kinetron has developed two types of water turbine generator systems:
Radial Turbine Technology. Also called nozzle or impulse turbines, Radial turbines are mainly used to create maximum power at low flow rates. If required, radial power turbines have minimum pressure loss at higher flow rates by making use of a bypass technology. At low flow rates, all water passes the nozzle and the turbine, while at higher flow rates, the bypass valve opens to reduce the pressure loss.
- Axial turbine-powered sensors (also called axial reaction turbines) are very useful in self-powered flow and temperature sensor applications. Turbine-powered sensors have an rpm proportional to the flow rate over the whole flow range, which enables the use of the turbine generator frequency to measure the flow rate. This technology is also very suitable for easy integration into your product.
Smart generators are an autonomous, lifetime, eco-friendly, hassle free and user-friendly technology, that supplies energy, information and commands for all your smart electronic, monitoring and/or control products.
- Micro water turbine market leader
- Proven patented technologies, over 4 million sold worldwide in 20 years
- Smallest volume, highest power density
- Highest output power versus lowest pressure drop (high efficiency)
- Wide flow range
- Lowest starting flowrates
- High temperature and pressure resistance
- Several standard types of wires and connectors
- Custom wires, connector’s and contacts possible
- High life time, durability and low noise performance
- Drinking water approved materials (KTW, W270, WRAS, other)
- Efficient rectifying, charging and storing circuit
- Flow, temperature and other sensor information to enable smart products
- Standard, modified or custom water turbine systems possible
With over 35 years of experience, Kinetron has the IP, skills and competencies to design and manufacture customized turbine generator systems (up to 10W) in different energy, efficiency, size, and price ranges. This is demonstrated in numerous successful product applications and millions of self-powered products supplied to different markets.
INTERESTED IN TURBINE GENERATOR SYSTEMS? CONTACT US.
We are eager to learn more about your business and possible applications for turbine generator systems. Of course we are also available to answer questions and to supply more detailed information.Contact Us